About This File
With Sound Board you can:
- Set a new default notification sound for your community.
- Allow members to customize their notification sound.
- Administrators can limit this ability to specific member groups.
- Choosing only the guest user group will force everyone on to your new default customization sound.
- Allow members' custom notification sounds to be playable on member profile pages.
- Disable the public display for your more naughty members and their naughty notification sounds...
The playing of the notification sound flows as follows:
1) If a member has a custom sound, and has group permissions for a custom sound, that sound will play.
2) If not (no sound and/or no group permissions), and you have set a new default notification sound in the Sound Board ACP settings, that will play instead.
3) Otherwise, it will fall back to the IPS default notification sound.
Members with group permissions to have a custom notification sound have a menu option right in the usermenu drop down. Drag and drop MP3 and WAV files and that's all that's needed.
If you choose, you can toggle on the public display of a member's notification sound on the member's profile page. An HTML5 audio player holds the sound letting any visitor to the page the ability to hear it. This is a simple social feature, nothing more; a conversation starter or something along those lines. Naturally nothing will display unless the member is in a group that has permissions to have these custom sounds, and they actually have set one.
Does a member have a notification sound that is not quite up to your community standards but you still want people to have their notification sound on their profile pages? Go to the problem member's entry in the ACP and toggle this feature off for this member. They still get to use their custom notification sound, but your community won't be exposed to it.
MP3, WAV. More can be supported in no time at all but the initial release will be just these two. I have a 5 meg limit on file size as well - no real reason other than it seems reasonable. Can be removed if needed.
Install app, config under the customization tab in the ACP, enjoy.
This only changes the notification sounds that are sent out. It does nothing with the where/why/how of how notifications are generated. CIC users may need to be patient post install and after members add a custom notification sound as the CIC system takes a few minutes to duplicate/cache/CDN the sound file.