About This File
Do you feel limited by the tag system or prefixes?
This application enhances IPS 4's built-in tag and prefix system. It adds custom styling and fine-grained control over prefixes, plus new settings, enhancements, and helpful moderation tools. Prefixes are explicitly created through the Admin CP, and can be chosen from a separate prefix dropdown when creating a topic or other prefix-enabled content.
But let's be realistic: You want to be sure before you commit to something, especially like this. You want a complete, tested, proven solution that does exactly what it says. This does.
- Define all prefixes manually through the Prefix Manager--even for open-tag systems.
- Show common tags and prefixes across your site with the Tag Cloud Widget.
- Add, fix, merge, and remove tags and prefixes in bulk through the Tag Manager.
- Choose a prefix when posting any prefix-enabled content, separate from tags.
- Control where and how tags and prefixes are displayed.
- Add custom HTML formatting to your prefixes, allowing colors, images, and much more.
- Limit prefixes by member group and location.
- Require a prefix in certain forums*.
- Add tags and prefixes to topics in bulk with Saved Actions or the Mass-Add tool.
- Apply a prefix to topics imported from RSS.
- Set a default prefix and tags for all new topics in a forum*.
- Override the global tag settings by forum*. This lets you enter custom tags in some forums and not others, or change how many tags are required, or have a prefix option without any tags at all.
- Display topic prefixes in the page title, last post info, and as filters under each forum's description, if you want.
- ...and more.
* These added settings should work for all tag-enabled content types. The focus of this application is Forums and topics, but it also supports Calendar events and any other tag-enabled content. That being said, I cannot guarantee compatibility with all possible applications and circumstances.
This application is regularly maintained and updated. If you have an idea, post it in the support topic for consideration. This version is for IPS 4.x. If you are running IP.Board 3.4 or earlier, try the 3.x-compatible version.
What's New in Version 3.1.9 See changelog
This release targets IPS 4.2. Backwards compatibility to 4.0 is likely, but not guaranteed.
- Added tentative support for Clubs forums (settings can be edited via Club forums in admin).
- Added tentative support for tag quick-editing on frontend. Note: Prefixes fall back to default functionality in that context; this is unavoidable.
- Refactored Manage Tags section to fix SQL grouping errors and paging quirks.
- Improved caching performance.
- Fixed some instances of tag case insensitivity.
- Fixed lingering tag edit/delete encoding issues.