About This File
A perfect solution for gaming clans, development teams, social groups, client collaboration projects, school clubs, faith groups, or any other type of application where you want to delegate specific features of your IPS Community Suite to individual groups in a controlled manner.
With group collaboration, members of your community are able to form their own groups, ranks, memberships and micro communities within the fold of your whole community.
Any group can collaborate to create, maintain, and manage its own content based on what you allow as the site administrator. Out of the box, you can allow groups to manage their own forums, galleries, calendars, blogs, downloads, databases, and more. You control all the permissions and limits.
- Create any number of categories and subcategories for groups to operate in, and set permissions and limits for groups on a per category basis.
- Move groups in and out of different categories at any time.
- Customize what groups are called on a per category basis.
- Set permissions for each category to determine which content types the group can use, how much they can use, what moderation permissions they are allowed within their group, who can view, create, and join groups in the category and more.
- Group leaders can create their own roles within the group, assign any of the permissions they’ve been allowed to those roles, and assign roles to other group members.
- Group leaders can set permissions on the content within their group based on the roles that they have created. All permissions for the content type are available.
- Group leaders can decide how they want to manage memberships to their group. Groups can be set to automatically accept new members, queue members for approval, be invitation only, or closed altogether.
- You can configure how many members a group can have total on a per category basis.
- You can configure how many groups an individual member can create or be a member in on a per category basis.
- You can configure how many groups members can own and be a part of on a sitewide level on a per member group basis.
- Group members have their own member titles, ranks, and post counts within each group which can be customized by group leaders.
- You can decide if post counts are added to the whole site post count or kept separate for the group on a per category basis.
- You can create “group models” in each category which act as a base layout and content structure for new groups.
- Group models can be used automatically, or you can give new group owners the choice as to which model they want to use.
- Added built in import utility for rsyvarth social groups 2.x
- Content feeds (widgets, etc) on collab pages will now only show content from that collab
- Content feeds on non-collab pages will only show non-collab content and content the user has access to see in collabs
- Added new private listing mode for collab categories
- Added ability to move/copy non-collab content into collabs
- Added ability to extract content from collabs into main site
- Added featured/latest collabs widgets
- Added autofill of member name when inviting to collab
- Added support for disabling "view other members topics" inside collabs
- Collab title in the group header now links to the collab homepage
- Collabs now inherit join mode of models
- Collabs now inherit default member title of models
- Collab stats can be added to collab header via Automation Rules
- Added collab menu manager
- Collabs and collab categories can now be shown on forums index
- New widget to show collabs for the currently logged in member
- Performance options are now available for unread content calculation inside of collaborations
- Events can now be created in collabs directly from the calendar
- Import from social groups has improved accuracy
Group Collaboration Badges ( by wohali )
What's New in Version 1.3.16 See changelog
- Updated for compatibility with IPS 4.2+
- Fixed bug causing moderator permissions to not show on role configuration form in some cases
- Fixed bug causing some content items to not show in the activity stream
New Features in 1.4
- Added a recent activity stream to the homepage of collabs
- Added an auto-updating collab activity stream to the collab menu
- Collab owners can choose whether the activity stream displays on the collab homepage or not
- Default "sort-by" field and sort direction can now be set for each collab category
- Collabs can also now be sorted by rules custom data fields
- Rules custom data fields assigned to collabs and set to "public" will automatically display in collab header
- Collab categories promoted to forum index can now be set to display above or below the main forums
- Widgets have all been updated to show collab logos instead of collab owner avatar
- Collab owners can now customize the order of the apps in their collabs
- Collab owners can customize the titles of the apps in their collabs
- Collab owners can customize the icons for each of the apps in their collabs